Sunday, July 15, 2007

I Am A Wine Lover As Well...


About a year ago my pallet changed and I found that after 32 years on earth I could finally enjoy wine! I was very excited because a lot of people in my family like wine and I always felt like I was missing out on something. So I was more than pleased when my taste changed and I was finally able to share in the wine drinking experience with them.

Like anything I become involved with, I become consumed about knowing all there is to know about the subject. I read a lot, I talked to a lot of people and I asked a lot of questions. I also tasted a lot and that seems to be the biggest key in drinking and enjoying wine...you need to drink different wine all the time to expand your pallet. But most importantly, you need to trust your mouth...what tastes good to you is indeed good! You cannot get lost in scores or what Hollywood tells you is right to drink...IE Pinot Noir.

You'll notice underneath the Blog Archives I have my "Cork'd Journal" listed that give my reviews on the wines I have tasted...it's a unique way of sharing your tasting notes with other wine drinkers as well as joining a different community of people with similar interests.

The biggest help to me during my wine journey so far has been the discovery of Wine Library TV. It is a daily wine tasting video cast that takes place in NJ at a store called Wine Library. IT is by far the best tool I have come across to help me expand my pallet and to learn about different wines. The host is awesome and has a unique way of articulating what he is tasting...and he doesn't hold back or lie! If he doesn't like a wine he will not hesitate to pan it...likewise, if he enjoys something he is not bashful about praising it!

I am attaching a small video clip of a classic episode where Gary, the host, talks about training your pallet. This clip truly encapsulates what WLTV is all about and why you should give it a shot if you enjoy wine!




1 comment:

§u®Fin §apo said...

ha Ha , you know Gary? I watched him before...cool article..